Burlesque Movie Inspired Halloween Costume Ideas
If you’ve seen the hit movie starring Cher and Christina Aguilera then you were probably just as impressed by the costumes as you were with the performances. If you think you’re daring enough to use this theme for Halloween, then here are some exciting ideas to choose from.
Getting The Burlesque Outfit Right
When you think of burlesque, you immediately think of sexy. However, burlesque was just as much about the comedy and the entertainment as it was about the revealing outfits. To get the burlesque look right, you need to have the right attitude – you want to have some fun with this!
The outfits in the Burlesque movie itself generally conform to the traditional idea of this style of costume. Moulin Rouge is another movie that comes to mind when you imagine what was worn – usually dark colors, layers, corsets and ruffles.
When you wear this style of dress, it’s important to get into character. Yes, the costumes are revealing, but you’ve got enough confidence and beauty to carry them off with style!
[affmage source=”amazon” results=”3″]Burlesque Costume[/affmage]
Thankfully, burlesque has always been a popular theme for Halloween costumes, meaning there are a huge range of readymade outfits to choose from. If you don’t want to go down that route, however, choose a silky corset from a lingerie store and combine that with a ruffled skirt, big hair and some accessories.
Key Burlesque Accessories
As well as the main outfit itself, any Burlesque movie Halloween costume is going to need to make use of key accessories to complete the look…
* Hosiery: Stockings were always an important part of any burlesque outfit, usually attached using garters. You can also use a variety of different tights, including fishnets, sheer designs, or those featuring lines and stripes. As long as it helps shape the legs and add interest to your outfit, it’s in!
* Gloves: Due to the fact that burlesque outfits were usually an exaggeration of clothing worn in Victorian times, costumes often make use of long gloves that extend far up the arm, past the elbows. The gloves also came to form an important part of the striptease.
* Jewelry: You can choose to wear just about any jewelry you want with your burlesque Halloween costume. Necklaces were popular for covering the open neckline, as were hairpieces or dazzling earrings. Anything that’s bold and eye-catching is a good addition to your outfit!
In short, any Halloween costume inspired by the Burlesque movie is a costume to have fun with! Don’t be afraid to spend a few hours pampering yourself and doing your hair and makeup before heading out for the evening as a burlesque performer.
Incoming search terms:
- burlesque movie halloween costumes
- burlesque the movie halloween costumes
- burlesque halloween costumes for teens
- burlesque costumes for teens
- burlesque movie costumes
- burlesque the movie costumes
- costumes from burlesque the movie
- burlesque movie outfit halloween
- burlesque movie halloween costume
- movie burlesque halloween costumes
- costume halloween burlesque
- chorus girl costume
- burlesque costumes for teenagers
- burlesque the movie costumes for teens
- the burlesque movie halloween costumes
- burlesque halloween costumes for teenagers
- burlesque movie lingerie costumes
- burlesque movie inspired halloween costumes
- burlesque movie inspired costumes
- burlesque inspired costumes