Although you may try to plan your child’s Halloween costume as far in advance as possible, we all know just how unexpectedly the need for a costume can crop up. Perhaps your child is refusing to wear what you already bought her? Or maybe it just slipped her mind to tell you about one of the parties she’s been invited to? Instead of making your child wear the same Halloween costume twice, take a look at these last minute Halloween costumes for kids and see if there’s something you can put together quickly.
This costume isn’t the most imaginative of last minute Halloween costumes for kids, but sometimes you just have to make do if you don’t have the time! Thankfully it’s still a Halloween classic, even if it is simple. For the ghost costume you’ll need a plain sheet with cut-out eye holes. Make sure you trim the sheet so your child won’t trip over the ends.
This clever Halloween costume for kids is one of the easiest to put together, but it’ll still get people talking. All you need to do is blow up a photocopied image of a quarter coin and fix it to some card. Attach this to the back of whatever your child is wearing and you’ll have an instant “quarterback”.
This is always a fun last minute idea! If you’ve got bandages, or even toilet roll, to hand then wrap it around your child to turn them into an Egyptian mummy for the evening.
Cardboard Box Costumes
You’d be surprised at how creative you can get with a cardboard box! One ultra-simple costume is to wrap a cardboard box in wrapping paper, cut out holes for the arms and legs, and have your child dress as a gift box. You can take the cardboard box idea even further if you’ve got a little time to paint it. Your child could go as an iPod, a lego brick, a pizza box or any other famous box design.
Something From Your Wardrobe
If you really can’t think of anything else, then sometimes your own clothing makes great last minute Halloween costumes for kids. You may have to make a few quick adjustments, but this is a good way to pull together a vintage-inspired outfit if you can find something in there that you’ve had for quite a while! Or you could even dress your kids up in old office clothing and let them attend the party as a businessperson. Similarly, you could have a rummage through your jewelry collection to find anything suitable for a costume.
Incoming search terms:
- homemade halloween costumes for teens
- last minute halloween costumes for tweens
- Last Minute costumes for teens
- last minute halloween costumes for teen boys
- last minute halloween costumes for teen girls
- last minute halloween costume ideas for teens
- last minute homemade halloween costumes for teens
- last minute diy halloween costumes for teens
- best homemade halloween costumes for tweens
- last minute costumes for tweens
- best halloween costumes for kids homemade
- last minute costumes for teen boys
- Funny Last Minute Costume Ideas
- last minute homemade halloween costumes for teenagers
- quarterback coin halloween costume
- last minute costume ideas for teens
- instant quarterback costume
- emergency last minute home made costumes for kids
- diy last minute halloween costumes for teens